Sunday, August 06, 2006

This Cartoon Life

I have come to the conclusion that I'm absolutely living the life I'm supposed to have. The universe has been forbidden to bestow on me any shred of ordinary, much less good luck. Take yesterday for example....

Yesterday, before the family reunion, the prof squared dropped by the house with a present for me. Odd, I don't generally get presents except on holidays, but hey, that's exciting! I opened it up to find two positive pregnancy tests - that's REALLY exciting. My daughter has been longing for a baby of her own for several years. Boy prof. has been married before and thought he didn't want more kids than the two he had from that marriage. Drama, a trip to Iraq, more drama and he changed his mind and had the necessary surgery to try for more kids. They are both excellent parents so this is the greatest news ever. I jumped from my chair screaming to cross the room and hug girl prof. tripped over my briefcase and sprained my ankle. Princess found this vastly amusing, the sound of her laughter followed me all around the hospital as we traipsed from waiting room to examing room to x-ray room. Just to make sure EVERYONE found it as funny as she did, she made Pap, still with one leg in a cast, push my wheelchair. She wanted to be sure she had her hands free to wipe the tears of laughter you see.

So, I'm on crutches, Pap is in a walking cast and Princess is still recovering from her back injury from the car crash and can't lift anything heavier than 5 pounds. We're officially on the family plan at the hospital and we're relying on the cats to keep us fed since none of us can stand on the tile floor for more than two minutes at a time. Jeesh.

No comments: