Thursday, July 27, 2006

From the Sublime to the Ridiculous


Isn't that just a stunning view? It's from the upper dining pavilion at the Terra Cotta Vinyard. We've been taking advantage of their steak bake nights for a couple of years and now our favorite winery just won a gold medal for one of their red wines. Well deserved, I've certainly ingested enough of it to vouch for its excellence!

It always makes me laugh when I tell people I'm originally from California and they look at me like I'm some kind of nut for leaving. "But it's so beautiful there!" they gasp. I want to say "have you looked in your back yard lately? It's beautiful in Ohio too!" The drive to the vinyard is just breathtaking, four miles from the highway through rolling green hills and lush trees. I can't imagine there's any other place on earth more beautiful.

A little rant is necessary today. My printer just died, as always at the most inconvenient time. I toddled down to the local Staples store to replace it and found the newest way the technology industry has found to fleece the people. The last time I bought a printer, they were expensive. But they ran like mules for several years. Now you can get a printer that copies, prints, scans, e-mails and remembers your birthday for under $100. They get you with the ink, $64 a set. Jeez.

2 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I've only been to Florida, from one end to the other, and to Seattle. From what I've seen, America is beautiful.

Kat Campbell said...

Thank you GG, I think it's beautiful too, I was lucky to be born here.